GIA Operations Manager
An opportunity to focus on and address some of the most challenging and impactful problems in global health and development.
Global Impact Advisors is a consulting firm focused on global health and development solutions. The firm provides strategy, program design, project management, and monitoring and evaluation services to leading philanthropies, non-profit organizations, and universities. We are a multidisciplinary firm that integrates public and private sector thinking to address challenges across multiple sectors – from building sustainable cities to increasing access to health services and products. The firm works with a dynamic network of technical experts in global health and development.
GIA is seeking an Operations Manager who can support the consulting firm in all aspects of the business, focused on financial management, contract management, operational support, and human resources support. The person will support the development of an ecosystem that drives collaboration across our organization and creates incentives for high performance. The person in this position will gain experience growing a fast-paced and high impact business. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work on socially impactful programs and contribute to the growth of the organization. It is a great opportunity for an experienced professional looking to make a shift into global development and doesn’t mind rolling up their sleeves to support all aspects of the business. It is also a great opportunity for an extremely capable individual with training in financial management and operations and an ability to identify issues, synthesize information, and come up with solutions proactively. We are looking for smart, motivated individuals who are team players.
The Operations Manager is a part-time position with a flexible schedule. It is based out of San Mateo, CA office. The anticipated start date is April 1st 2019.
- Financial & contracts management
- Support client reporting on a monthly (possibly weekly) basis (this includes collecting time and activity estimates from consultants and collating into a word document for the client)
- Monitor execution of all contracts and maintain and update filing systems and processes
- Create clear systems and processes to engage consultants in GIA projects
- Develop and monitor progress against project budgets
- Provide support on bookkeeping including expense report preparations, invoicing, activity report preparations, hourly time tracking and communication with consultants and accountant as needed
- Develop budgets for proposals
- Operations support
- Support onsite meetings, and workshops, as needed; assemble and distribute meeting documents
- Provide document organization and management of both paper and electronic files
- Manage the principal’s calendar and support the coordination and scheduling of meetings among the consultant teams.
- Manage all aspects of the office, including ensuring that supplies are replenished, mail is sorted, lights are on, garbage collected, internet is working.
- Ensure all accounts are kept up to date (e.g. license, insurance, etc) and monitor software and other service accounts (e.g. conference lines, etc).
- Coordinate periodic updates to the website, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms
- Human resources support
- Onboard new employees, including ensuring completion of required employment forms and distribution of employee handbook and accompanying company policies
- Track employee PTO
- Support development of new employment policies and updates to existing policies
- Implement and manage schedule of compliance trainings
- Contribute your creative thinking to the mission-driven programs at GIA and foster a collaborative virtual environment where we can help to magnify the impact of talented individuals!
- Supervise workers, as needed.
- All other duties as requested.
Skills & Capabilities
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of professional experience required.
- Outstanding written and oral communication.
- Candidate must have excellent organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to make decisions independently and use discretion and judgment regarding when to escalate the issue to management
- Ability to see the big picture, while also paying attention to details.
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Ability and experience working productively and proactively both independently and as part of a team
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated poise and diplomacy and experience working with a range of professionals in different sectors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including word, powerpoint, and excel.
- Experience with accounting and bookkeeping skills a plus.
- Experience with InDesign and photoshop, WordPress a plus.
- Experience managing a calendar.
- Pro-active and organized.
- Able to coordinate with multiple timezones.
- Able to work on weekends and in evenings, as needed.
Educational & Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing organization. To learn more about us you can visit globalimpactadvisors.org
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 15, 2019